Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of grateFULness (day 6)

I am grateFUL on day 6 for the Seasons… the Seasons of nature and the Seasons of life.  I love living in Michigan where we are able to enjoy the different Seasons… I will admit that some Seasons could be shorter than others, but Papa God’s creation is so unbelievably beautiful. 


Just like the Seasons of Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall… life has many Seasons.  I was reading in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.”  As I am looking back over some incredible things that took place in the last 10 months I am also reminded of some sad things as well… friends that have been in my life for only a short season, but through sad circumstances are no longer a part of my life.  I can remember a message our previous pastor gave about how friendships may not be friendships that we are meant to have forever.  Sometimes people are brought into our lives for a time to learn from in a mutual way.  I have had friendships where my friend took a wrong turn that was detrimental to my well-being… but like our pastor said, those are the times we just may have to vacate that relationship.  It doesn’t make the friendship any less than it was, but it does take strength to see the problem and to part ways for one’s own sake.  If you are going through something like that now… it is not fun, but it can be a learning experience… search God’s Word… pray for guidance.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: