Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 Days of grateFULness (day 28)

It seems “funny” that when I did my devotions this morning that this was the verse that jumped out at me… “For He (Christ) Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,” Ephesians 2:14. What I am grateFUL for today is for the peace I have through Christ.

Shortly after I wrote the above statement... the devil quickly leaped in there and tried to set me off track. Satan will not steal my peace!!!!  I went searching for scripture to set my mind back on heartfelt peace and I came up with, “Be still, and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10. It can be easy for me to shut out the external noise in my house, being most days I am the only one home, but it is the internal noise that is the tough one for me… yes, the voices in my head! The noise of worry, anxious thoughts, second-guessing… sometimes even after my quiet-time with God those things can start echoing in my mind again. What I need to be reminded of is that Papa has given me a way of “sound proofing” my mind which in turn brings peace once again to my heart.

First of all I need to remember that God understands my dilemma and He will always provide a way to calm my heart. Secondly, do I want to continue to carry my worries or am I willing to exchange them for His peace??? “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:6-7. Lastly, I need to remember it is a choice on my part… who is more capable of handling anything in my life??? I already know that I find that peace, only Papa can provide, when I let go of the “noise.”  Just writing all this down has helped me and I hope it helped someone else too.

I have to share a picture of the "pie man" that lives in my house!  My hubby makes the best pecan pie around... I never make pies because he always makes them, including homemade crusts.  He is a keeper!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Renee Ondrajka said...

Thanks Cari for this. I've had some of those same voices the last few days myself. It must run in the family. ;) Be still and know that I am God. That alone should calm us. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Love you!