Tuesday, July 1, 2008

weekend adventures...

It was an adventurous weekend... Friday & Saturday I spent the daytime hours with some friends scrapbooking (well actually they scrapbooked - me not so much... I did get some cards made though).

Saturday evening we lost most of our electricity (brown-out) around 7 p.m. I waited for over an hour on hold for Consumers Energy to report it ... I fell asleep waiting & when they finally answered the operator had to wake me up. When you lose your electricity you realize how much you rely on it... no TV, no computer, no shower. Went to bed early hoping & praying the lights would come on in the night... oh not so! Washed my hair Sunday morning in a grease stained shop sink at my husbands workplace... yuck! ... can't complain because at least I had clean hair for church! Anyway, the lights came back on at 1:50 p.m... just in time for me to grab a shower before we left for a worship service in Grand Rapids ... FYI: the worship service was great!!! We went to a Japanese steakhouse for supper... that was so cool & the food was good too... if you have a chance to go to a Japanese steakhouse do it... it is one of those places like you see on TV where the chef comes & prepares your food right in front of you... he chops food & throws flames... it is all in the presentation.

Oh, and happy July! Can't hardly believe it is July already!!?? July is one of my favorite months... after all I was born in July... one more week to the big "43".
with a grateFUL HEART, Carin

2 comments:

Heather said...

SO sorry I couldn't join you for the worship service Sunday. I was just a little busy!
Things here are still crazy. REALLY crazy, but God is good!

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Heather

Stephanie said...

We took our kids to a Japanese steakhouse to celebrate the end of the school year and Isabel's graduation from kindergarten - they LOVED it! It was so fun to watch the expressions on their faces while the chef did all his tricks!