Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Fun on the Fourth!

Had a great weekend... we got to see almost all of our family that lives in the Thumb. We had a get-together at my sis Renee's house... she has a great old farmhouse that they have fixed-up nicely but are still doing work on it... thanks Na & Frank for the day!

Here is a pic of me & Luke at the family gathering... my niece that took the pic
said it looked like I was too weak to hold up my head, but I was sitting on a chair that was lower than the stool Luke was sitting on. It might not be the best pic of us but we don't get that many of us together unless we do the old "hold the camera out as far as you can to do a self-portrait" thing. I was very tired all weekend & it has carried over to today so maybe that is why I look a little dopey!!!??? *Ü*



We also went to a cookout at Anne & Wayne's (that would be Luke's youngest sis)... thanks to you for the yummy food! I also had the privilege of giving Dalton (our only nephew) his first haircut. As you can see by the pic he was NOT all that thrilled about it!

It has been a very humid day here in northern Michigan... typical summer weather, but at least there was a good breeze as I had shrubs to prune & some weeds to pull... I love gardening, but I hate weeding!!!! Anything beautiful requires a little pain!

Over the weekend I also finished a book I have been reading... The Shack... if you haven't heard of it let me be the first to introduce it to you. It is a book of fiction, but it sent my thoughts off running about so many things regarding God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit. Some people may say it is way too out there in its thinking, but what I had to remember was it is a book of fiction that really sent me thinking. It didn't take an "open mind" to read it... it took an "open heart" to experience it. You must read it for yourself to see what you think, just remember to try & have an open heart to take it all in. Here is one of my favorite quotes in the book ...

"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others." A.W. Tozer ... that just thrills me that my God loves me as if I were the only one!!!! It is so humbling. I'm sure I will have more to say about it but that is it for now.

With a grateFUL HEART on this the eve of my birthday, Carin

No comments: