Wednesday, July 9, 2008

words of encouragement...

I woke up this morning feeling a little down, could be the day after birthday blues or the concerns (just a nice way to say worry) that go along with being unemployed... so I started doing some blog surfing & I came across a blog by Patty Bennett where she had a tribute to her mother who passed away 2 years ago yesterday & in her post from yesterday she had this quote which I felt just might have been meant for me & maybe even some of you --

"On the wings of prayer our burdens take flight - our load of care becomes bearably light."

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let you fall. ~ Psalms 55:22

"Today with prayer the rough and trying times can be made bearable".

I know anything I am going through isn't at all as devastating as losing a loved one, but these are still great words of encouragement to me & hopefully to you too.

Sorry so somber... I had a great birthday yesterday! My hubby came home from work early & had present in hand (I had told him no present, but he didn't listen), he made me a delicious supper & then we went out for ice cream. He even didn't complain when I was watching "America's Got Talent" (he really hates those kind of shows). By the way he got me this really neat, rustic birdhouse that we can put out by the pond. I also have a lunch date with a friend who is taking me out for my birthday today, so I have that to look forward to, plus church tonight which is always great... worship -- what a great way to lift your spirit!

as always, with a grateFUL HEART, Carin

No comments: