Wednesday, July 16, 2008

weak wednesday?

I don't know about all of you but I am having one of those days... hopefully by the end of this post I will have encouraged you as well as myself. Let's see... I have such a problem with self-criticism... I am so very hard on myself & it is really something I have to work at to stop myself from doing. The funny thing is that one of my favorite Bible verses is:
I John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. (KJV)
That verse speaks volumes to me... that God loves me so much & knows me better than I know myself & yet He still loves me so much!

In another translation I John 3:18-20 goes like this:
My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves. (The Message)

Does that say it all? By truly practicing real love that is how I can keep my eyes on God & what He has planned for me... the first step to practicing real love has to start with really loving myself & not stressing over little mistakes & problems that may come along.
I do realize that my "reality" is rarely ever God's reality... and for that today I have a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: