Thursday, November 3, 2016

Gratitude... Day 3

November is not the only time to be grateFUL, thankFUL, or to show gratitude... a daily time of gratitude is so important for your mental, emotional, & spiritual well-being!

Today I am showing gratitude for the friends & friendships God has placed in my life! Living the first 40 years of my life in the Thumb... only minutes away from my family... I really didn't have many friends because my life was all about family.

Eleven years ago, when we were called to move over 2 hours away from family... it was so hard for me! It took 1 1/2 years to find my place! It was opening my heart up to let real friendships grow. Then again when we moved to Ludington, almost 3 years ago, it was a chance to let the strong friendships grow stronger, even at a distance, & let more people into my life. It was a little easier the second time around! Ha!

Anyway, I say all this to honor those friendships that I am so grateFUL for! I love this "easy to read version" of Proverbs 27:17... "As one piece of iron sharpens another, so friends keep each other sharp." We goof-off, laugh a lot, share words of encouragement... just love on each other! Nothing better!

Here is a card I made awhile back, but it expresses how I feel about my friends!

God is so good!


No comments: