Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gratitude... Day 1

I love FALL! It is a beautiful season of transition... gettin' cozy, snugglin', wearing boots & sweatshirts (not necessarily together) lol.

Fall is probably one of the harder seasons for me as well... there are many dark days, figuratively & physically. The days seem so short & then of course we have the end of Daylight Savings Time that starts this weekend! Rah! Rah! NOT!

I know not too much gratitude so far... I'm getting to it, just let me vent a little! The Inn has slowed down a lot... I miss the busyness of meeting new people & welcoming them into our home! We will be offering some "girls getaway weekends" soon... I will share about this as soon as I can.

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad, but the sweetness of a friend is a fragrant forest." ~ Proverbs 27:9

Now for my Day 1 of Gratitude... I have a very sensitive nose... my mom calls me "the super smeller!" Ha! Scents or odors can really have a big effect on my thinking. There are times I smell something that instantly takes me be back to a memory! It is great when that happens & it relates to a good memory! For instance, when I am in the lumber section at Home Depot or Lowes, it reminds me of my daddy, the best carpenter & daddy in the world! The smell of freshly cut wood... great childhood memories!


Or my favorite scent is probably cinnamon... it is comforting, soothing, & reminds me instantly of the holidays!

I have so much in my life that I am grateFUL for, but today I am in gratitude for the sweet aroma & the love of my Savior!

"Imitate God, since you are the children He loves. Live in love as Christ also loved us. He gave His life for us as an offering and sacrifice, a soothing aroma to God." ~ Ephesians 5:1-2 (GW)

There is nothing sweeter than the love God has shown the world through the sacrifice of His Son.



No comments: