Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Gratitude... Day 23

HOPE! Hope is what I have gratitude for today!

I was reading something on social media the other day... it was a comment from a man who obviously has had BIG hurt in his life & by his words you can tell that he had lost all hope! That was three days ago that I read that, & it is still sticking in my thoughts! So... so sad!

This morning I was reading in Philippians 2... these verses filled my heart with such HOPE!

"...God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." ~ Philippians 2:9-11

There are those that say "Christianity" is a fairy-tale, perpetuated for those that are feeble-minded & desperate to believe in something. IF HOPE in Christ is a fantasy, then someone has gone to a lot of trouble to perpetuate the grandest lie in history! There is all kinds of proof that proves this Love Story is true... but with a grateFUL HEART I proclaim that I don't need any of that proof... my proof is what I know... what I believe He has done in my life, & this is what I put my HOPE in!

"And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." ~ Romans 5:5

Today I pray for those that don't believe... that have no HOPE! Lord, help their poor unbelieving hearts! Lord, help my heart when I fail to believe too! In Jesus' name. 




No comments: