Monday, July 6, 2009

Serene Scenery...

We had a great 4th of July weekend... hope you all did too! It was just relaxing... spent time together with family & good friends. My parents came on Thursday & left this afternoon... it was a good visit... BTW - I beat my mom at Scrabble... she won the last time we played so it was my turn! *Ü*

I came across a new blog... new to me anyway... it is called Scenes by Sandy... she has some beautiful creations on her blog... she is very talented! I attempted to case a card she did... of course I used SU inks (Apricot Appeal, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Perfect Plum) & the stamps I used were SU "Organic Grace," "Fantastic Foliage," & "God's Beauty." The CS was basic black, white, really rust. The way the brayer blends the colors... I find it to be serene looking.

Do you ever have days where you can't quite focus? Those days when everything seems to be piling up and you just go from one thing to the next, but never get anything accomplished???

"We don't look at the things that are seen, but at the things that are not seen." II Cor. 4:18

This verse spoke to me today... about focusing on eternal things, not focusing on temporary things. I know we can't just ignore bills, phone calls, laundry, screaming kids... but focusing on God will make our hearts joyful... I know it may not change our circumstances, but it can change our attitude. And I can honestly say... I could use an attitude adjustment right about now! How about you???

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love this card. I loved the Queen Anns Lace in Organic Grace. I wish we still had that stamp set to play with. Your blog is delightful. I hope you visit sometime!