Friday, July 24, 2009

Be an example...

Another week has flown by... summer or what northern Michigan calls summer is going so fast! I came across this verse this morning in my quiet time:

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." I Timothy 4:12

When I was a kid I had a pennant on my bedroom wall that had this verse on it... I'm sure I really didn't understand the whole thing... like what does that part about despising my youth mean... why would anyone despise me???? What I did understand about this verse was the example part... that my behavior was not only a reflection on who I was, who my parents were, but most importantly on Who God was in my life. I knew I had to live what I believed... not that I always did that very well... thank God for His mercy & grace! I now know that just because you're young doesn't mean you aren't sincere in what you believe... if you still happen to be young don't let anyone tell you any different.

I have a baby shower card I want to share with you... it was for a friend who is having her first baby... I had to do something special. I used my Cricut to cut out the shapes; SU Fresh Fillers set; some button brads; a little white ribbon; CS & ink are SU Certainly Celery & Pacific Point.
So what do you think?

If I can ask, please keep my brother-in-law, Frank, in your prayers today as he is having thyroid surgery at 12:30 today. Thanks!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
The card is just too cute. Did you make it for Megan? I did not get to see it in person, even though I was snooping around by the gifts........lol
I will lift Frank up in prayer.
As the song goes, I believe your my healer.......... He gave the doctors their gifts, and he will guide them thru.
Love Ya, Barb

Anonymous said...

Was this baby card to Megan? It is adorable. I will keep Frank in my prayers. We are dog-sitting Bethany's dog while they are on vacation to Colorado. It is a minature daschund just like the one we had. She is no problem and fun to have around. Have a beautiful Friday. - Sharon

Unknown said...

Adorable baby bib card, Carin! Frank is in my prayers! Keep us all posted. We expect miracles.