Friday, July 17, 2009

The Cat's Meow...

Just had to post something today... it is off to a great day already... even though it is cold, gray, cloudy in northern Michigan. Bring on the rain, Lord, we need it!

On to more exhilarating things... I have a second devotional posted today on Women to Women Sharing Jesus... it is called "Am I In Focus?"... please go & check it out! Become a regular subscriber there... you will be blessed by the great women who are on the writing team at WTW. Speaking of that... I have been asked to join the writing team of WTW... after praying about it, I said YES! I am so excited to see what God is going to do & is doing through this great blog. I give God the glory for His goodness & love.

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised" Psalm 18:3

I tried a stair-step card... at least that is what I think it is called... I used the SU "Cool Cat" set I have had for a few years... I am a kitty-cat lover!


I think it turned out pretty "cool"! What I used: Paper: SU Raspberry Tart, natural ivory; Ink: SU basic black, Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Green Galore; Incidentals: Versa Mark pad, diamond stickles, clear embossing powder, sponges.

That is it for me today... I am having a SU party tomorrow... my sis & DH are coming for the weekend... I need to clean the house... go grocery shopping... & oh yeah I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon... one of those "fun" yearly check-ups... ugh!

On that note... with a grateFUL HEART, carin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You are worthy of their confidence. I will get on and subscribe. The stairstep card is a "genius". How cute is that????? We are leaving for Ann Arbor at about 5:00 a.m. tomorrow - we will go to bed early, but hope I can get to sleep right away so I am not so tired all day. Have fun at your party - it sounds like those are pretty fun. See you Sunday. - Sharon

lynns said...

Love the kitty card. Renee had that set in her "to sell" box that Anne had in her car. I was so tempted to buy it!

Lynn

Unknown said...

Carin, what an adorable kitty card! And welcome to the WTW writing team--I pray many will be blessed through your shared insights. Thank you, thank you for saying YES. God bless your weekend! Ours in ST Louis is feeling much like Michigan with cooler temperatures and low humidity, hooray!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Cairn, love your card...that stamp is perfect with a stair card!! How exciting for you to have a second devotional on WTW...I am off to read it!! Isn't it great to be able to be able to combine your passion for paper and your passion for Him...I thank God that some doors that He opens for us are such a pleasure - enjoy and keep that LIGHT shining!! God bless you sister!! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Ok..Well, I tried to post earlier:) Evidently it didn't work out!!

COngrats on the team. So awesome!!

Have a blessed day
H