Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Revealing...

Good Tuesday to you... well at least I hope it is a good Tuesday for you! It is a beautiful summer day here in northern Michigan... upper 70's w/little humidity & a gentle breeze... I could take 4 more months of this! We do need the rain... still... but grateful for the nice day.
.
My friend, Ruth, & I had a SU workshop on Saturday... we had so much fun! We tend to laugh until we can hardly stand it... & sometimes we best be sitting when we laugh that hard... if you know what I mean!!! (LTYP) Anyway, I thought I would post the 2 projects we did, plus the sweet gift my sis, Renee, the SU demo gave to me & one to Ruth too for hosting.
.
First, here is the card we made... my sis has such good ideas... love that lattice die... and the new "In Colors"... I am getting me some of those with my free stuff! Yeah for free!
This next thing is a corner bookmark... it is so simple but adorable... what do you think? Oh, the butterfly punch will be mine too!

And last but not least, here is the cool gift my sis made. That is a mini canvas from Michaels that she painted & decorated with die cut flowers... isn't it so stinkin' cute! She is so talented! Thanks Na for the fun workshop!

I am doing a little baking today for a bake sale at church for kid's to earn money to go to camp. I was thinking about this... how great is it to be a part of helping these kids, other people's kids, go to camp... we weren't blessed with our own but we can have a hand in showing Jesus to these children... what a privilege. I will admit at first I was not looking forward to the extra work but God showed me what a blessing it is for me... funny how He reveals things to us when we aren't expecting it!!!!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great things. I too will be baking things for the bake sale. I had a dentist appointment this morning - just cleaning. Then this afternoon a class reunion committee meeting - glad it is over. Now it is time to do some "housie" things. See you tomorrow.- Sharon