Tuesday, July 28, 2009

just BE...

It was a nice day... not super warm, but nice. Our grass has greened up again... thanks to the rain... it is so hard for my hubby to see his yard not looking good.

I tried a different recipe for supper tonight... I made zucchini latkes... yes, aka zucchini pancakes. They were very good... we had them with meat loaf... not too exciting but we like it. Since my dad & BIL's garden is full of zucchini... we have an abundance & always looking for things to do with them. I also have zucchini bread in the oven right now... it smells sooooo good!

Here is a very simple card I made. I used: cs - SU whisper white, certainly celery, positively pink; ink - certainly celery, wild wasabi, positively pink; extras - SU scallop square punch, MS butterfly punch, vellum, diamond stickles. I think it's sweet!

I was listening to some Christian ladies talk on TV this morning... about not wanting to say "no" to things because you don't want people thinking you are incapable. How women seem to have to prove themselves by "doing". Then I came across these verses that really spoke to me...

"For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence." Psalm 71:5


"...who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh." Philippians 3:3

I can't have confidence in what I try to do or in my own abilities, but my confidence should only come from my Heavenly Father. If I live in His confidence then I will be what He wants me to be and do what He wants me to do... He doesn't need me to prove my worth. God proved my worth by giving His Son for me.

Remember... just BE!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Carin, love this card. It's simply beautiful! And I love the verses you picked out to encourage us! I've been in that "can't-say-no" trap for the very reasons you mentioned. There was a time in my life at the pinnacle of my career that I was so driven by that fear that others would see me as less than capable. I was a perfectionist extraordinaire! God faithfully worked on me to sand off those self-centered preoccupations and taught me total reliance on Him. Hard lessons to learn, but He didn't give up on me until I learned them!! What an encouragement to us today. Thanks for the good word!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister !!!!
-Sharon