Wednesday, July 1, 2009

God Bless America...

Just a quick post to share a couple projects... I finally took the time to do a little stamping today... yeah!!! So in honor of the up-coming 4th of July weekend I did a little experiment with an old SU stamp, "God Bless America"... I did a little brayering (if that is a word?), some sponging, some embossing... and viola! The colors I used were Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Really Rust... what do you think... I am so critical of myself when I try something new.

My other little project is a bookmark (ok Captain Obvious!)... my sister, Renee, that is the SU demo got us a bunch of bookmark sleeves to share so I thought I would give it a try. I used some generic dp along with Blush Blossom & Ruby Red. I used the "Flight of the Butterfly" once again... there is stickles on there too, but you can't see it in the pic.

That's it for today... do you all have any plans for the 4th... food, fireworks & fun??? It is cool & rainy here in Michigan, but I know that is going to change.

Be blessed! with a grateFUL HEART, carin

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

These creations are both beautiful. I always wished I had that flag stamp. Saw it on ebay just last night!! Passed it up...shouldn't have.

Love the butterfly book mark...hmmm...I need a club project. Mind if I CASE???

lynns said...

Love the card and the bookmark. the card looks like a watercolor painting.

Have fun this weekend.

Stampinsilvia said...

Hey carin...just wanted to say that I just lvoe the book mark and the card! May you have a blessed and safe 4th of July!