Wednesday, August 20, 2008

an understanding person remains calm...

Yesterday I had a little incident with a customer service person on the phone... I let myself get irritated to the point of madness (almost). It has been awhile since I let someone on the phone get to me... it happened to be a condesending man... nothing gets me more fired-up than that. I know, for you that know me personally, probably just can't believe I could be like that...ok, well maybe some of you can (got to love my family). I tell you all this not because I am proud of my behavior, but because I wanted to share this verse I read in my devotions yesterday:

"The one who knows much says little; an understanding person remains calm." Prov. 17:27 (The Message)

The only thing I can say after that is... I don't think I was an understanding person at that point & time. And I will try to do better next time (or better yet if there wasn't a next time, but I am sure there will be) and by the way I never screamed at the man on the phone just cried a little (what a surprise)... and the good part of all this is that even when I am feeling at my witts end with someone... God is still there ready to restore my sanity. *Ö*
And for that I have a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: