Thursday, August 28, 2008

just thinkin'...

I was listening this morning to a program I try to watch every morning... the host of the show and her guest were talking about living a life without fear. As a child I wasn't afraid of too many things, my mom wished I would have been a little more afraid of some things, but as I grew up I started limiting myself through my fear. I don't think I ever intentionally did it, but I wasn't intentional in not doing it either... do you know what I mean? One of the verses that keeps coming to my mind is:
II Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Some days I'm not so sure about the "sound mind" part *Ü*, but I know that this promise is mine! A quote that I took away from this show was "facing your fears will make you fearless"... what does that say to you??? It says a ton to me... my fear is always worse than the reality of what I fear. The host said that "fear" can stand for:
F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal

What things are you dealing with today that may be causing you to fear??? Becoming fearless is the best way to live the life God has planned for you and me...
And this morning His promises are the reason I have a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: