Wednesday, August 27, 2008

lil' of this and lil' of that...

Here is a purse card I made for a very special recipient... happy birthday Sharon! Sharon & Barb, friends from church, & I went out for a leisurely lunch yesterday to celebrate Sharon's b-day. I had such a good time & I think they did too... besides we had cheese cake for dessert... what more could you want??? Our lunch started around noon & we didn't leave the table until 2:30... I think the waitress was glad she could get the table cleaned up after we were done yakking, ok, we are never done yakking but we did pause long enough to get out of the restaurant & get to our cars & on our way for the rest of the day. I have some great friends & I am thankful for everyone of you!

This was a very simple version of this card, but I thought it turned out cute... although the color in the picture seems to be a little off... oh well, you get the idea. Sharon has a vintage purse collection so I thought the purse card was appropriate for her.

It is a beautiful day here in northern Michigan... can't believe Labor Day weekend is almost upon us!!! yikes... where did the summer go??? I had someone send me an email today to remember to tell your friends how important they are to you... so I am telling you my ladies... whether you are my sisters by birth or my sisters by "new birth" I am so thankful for you always... and today you are the reason for my grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carin - you make me happy. We are getting our "duds" packed and ready to go. Have a good week-end. Love to you - Sharon