Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that is December 31st already! Where did 2010 go??? I guess the phrase, "time flies while you having fun," must apply to 2010! It is very warm here in northern Michigan, by warm I mean in the 40's... all our snow is sinking into the ground or evaporating into the air (it is very foggy). It is kind of yucky out!

This is the time of the year everyone takes a look back at the "highlights" or "low-lights" of the year past... but I am choosing just to glance at the year past.  My devotions was good this morning… it talked about looking in the rear-view mirror to see where you have been and what God brought you through… that is good.  I have always said that if you turn your head to look at what was behind, you will drive yourself off into the ditch, but the idea of glancing in the rear-view mirror... I like that.  You can see God in the rear-view mirror but you can also see Him through the windshield.  “He will never leave me nor forsake me. The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6 

Glance behind to remember, but I must be focused on what is ahead to keep moving and growing.  Looking ahead is far more productive.  What is that saying “yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why it’s called the present.”

I have one more picture to share of a gift I made for someone... the giant cup is from Pampered Chef and the decorations are from SU.
Off to do some errands... groceries, post office, and pay taxes (yuck).  Have a blessed New Year!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

lorby said...

Nice post to end the year and the coffee cup is very pretty. What is SU? Have a safe and blessed New Year!

Unknown said...

LOVE your giant cup design! Do these hold up through dishwasher cycles? God bless your new year, Carin!