Monday, December 20, 2010

Let It Be...

So are you all ready for Christmas? Has there ever been a Christmas when you felt totally prepared? I am finally getting my Christmas cards in the mail... yes, I let it go once again until the last minute, but at least I am sending some, unlike last year.

In reading about Mary, Jesus’ mother, when the angel appeared to tell her of her pregnancy… I was thinking of how her mind must have tried to play tricks on her… I realize she must have had incredible faith to begin with because she was chosen by God to carry His precious Son, but she was still human.  In verse 38 of Luke 1, Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.  The words, “let it be to me according to Your word”… am I willing to say that??? Will I humble myself and surrender all always to my Lord, no matter the cost?  This reminds me of the song, “Your Love Never Fails.” The part of that song that says, “You make all things work together for my good”.  His love has always been the same… unbelievable… unimaginable love.  It is so hard sometimes to just let it all go, but I know… I believe Papa has always brought things into my life that were only for my good, even when I couldn’t see it or didn’t want to see it! And I know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans   HIS PURPOSE! Surrender is a daily thing with me, just like I am sure it was with Mary too as she saw her belly getting bigger and bigger… and people talking about her, but His promise is the same today with me as it was back then with Mary... I have to surrender it all to allow Papa to make my life significant for Him.

I am sharing my very simple Christmas card with you... consider this my Merry Christmas greeting to you. I am only sending to family that is far away or shut-ins... hope it cheers up their day.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: