Monday, January 3, 2011

The Word is "Overcome"...

I wanted to share a word with you today and the word is "overcome".  I was watching something on tv this morning and they were talking about changing the way your brain thinks, like bitterness, unforgiveness, regret, etc. They were saying how when you dwell on those things it actually changes your brain matter, almost like leaving a “black hole” in your brain. The word, “overcome” kept coming to my mind as I watched this… my thought was, this can only be overcome by the power of faith in God. Then I opened my devotional and the title was “An Overcoming Faith”… so I asked God what He wanted me to see from this. He reminded me everything in my life that I have overcome has been only through my loving Heavenly Father.  

I heard in my heart that a true overcomer is one that keeps going, keeps trusting, keeps being faithful even when things aren’t the way I want or the way I think things should be. It is not being able to change the circumstance… it is just trusting that God knows what He is doing, that He is in control, that He has my best interest in mind to further His Kingdom. I also thought of what Christ went through, He overcame death and the grave, but the circumstance of how that had to happen; a horrible, humiliating death on the cross, was not the way He wanted things to be, as it says in Matthew, “He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, ‘O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.’” Matthew 26:39
The definition of "overcome" is - to conquer a problem, defeat somebody, to win or be successful despite obstacles. I cannot overcome anything in my life without keeping my focus on Christ and the strength that only comes from God.  Are you feeling like you can overcome today?  Seek His face through His Word, through prayer... you have the strength to overcome if you are a child of the One who has overcome the world.  
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: