Friday, December 24, 2010

Peace through Christ...

Christmas Eve... I am set I think.  I am content in what I have gotten done and the rest doesn't matter. My devotions this morning was about peace… the peace that Christ came to give us. I was thinking about Mary and how on the night she was to give birth she had no warm, comfortable spot to be in. What would I have said if it were me? “what do you mean there is no room in the inn? Can’t they see that I am about to give birth here? How can they expect me to go to that dirty barn with all of its animal smells and have a baby? No tv and no running water? Do they realize who I am?” But no, she did not take offense. She knew that there were more important things for her to be concerned with. Why would she want to waste her precious moments with offense in her heart??? Why do we so many times let the simplest, mundane, silly things push us over the edge to being offended? I am sure Mary was not thrilled with the idea of giving birth in a stable, but she knew it was going to be alright. She had the Peace living inside her… she knew His peace that passes all understanding even before He was physically in this earth.

You often hear people say, “all I want is world peace.” What is each one of us doing to make that a reality? To be perfectly honest, none of us have any control over “world peace”… all we can control is the peace in our own heart. Don’t let minor things put the scars of offense on your heart. This world can be brutal, but even when the world is raging around us… we can have that peace in our hearts. Do you have IT? I like that little saying, “No God, no peace… know God, know peace.” “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 … He is so precious to me.

Sharing some baked goodies with you today! My snowflake cutout cookies with edible glitter.
The second pic is cakeballs... my first attempt, but they turned out good and they are sooooo yummy!
Off to two services at church and then heading to my parents for a couple days.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: