Thursday, December 23, 2010

In His Season...

Only 2 more days! Are you all ready for Christmas? I always like to reminisce a little this time of the year... I was always a sneak at Christmas-time… if I got the chance I peeked at gifts my parents had hidden in the house. Even went as far as opening a gift that was under the tree that had been wrapped at the store before Mom brought it home. Yes, it was jean gauchos… I must have been about 11 or 12 years old… gauchos were the rage then! Um, and I wasn’t alone in that one, my older sister, Renee, was also a part of that… we even tried them on before carefully wrapping them up again. I have always been a lil’ nosey, sorry to say, but it is true. I always wanted to know what was next… I am a “planner” so I would use the excuse that I need to prepare and knowing will help me with that… that is just a pile of bologna! The truth is that I wanted to know so I could be in control of the situation… and by doing that I missed so many great moments because I was not living in the moment.

I am finding this way of thinking doesn’t mesh well with my life as a follower of Christ. I am not in control of my life, but I have the choice of whether I am going to let God control it with me going through life kicking and screaming or go through life with peace and trust. Something is always going to control my life… will it be fear or will it be faith???... will it be grateFULness or will it be disappointment???... will it be love or will it be hate??? We all have the choice. And He said to them, “It is not for you (me) to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.” Acts 1:7   May you choose to fill your day with faith, grateFULness, peace, and love.

Wanted to share this paper and canvas project I did for a friend as a gift.  I luv, luv, luv the SU butterfly embosslit folder!  And of course, more SU rub ons from my stash. The saying is, "A small thing done in love is a great thing."

Have a blessed Christmas Eve Eve. with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Renee Ondrajka said...

Beautiful project. I just might have to case this one.