Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Thanks to you"

Ok, I know it has been a few days since you have heard from me... really I have been busy... like I've said before, "I don't know where I would find the time to have a job". Well, actually I do have a job now... I am now officially a Pampered Chef Consultant... my first show is Saturday... I am really excited about it... but also a little fearful. I was with Pampered Chef for 5 1/2 years, but gave it up in 2005 after we relocated to northern Michigan... I just didn't know enough people to keep my business going back then.
Speaking of the "fear" thing... I came across a couple interesting things regarding fear... first, what does F E A R stand for -- Fantasized Experiences Appearing Real... I love that... oh what my imagination can do!
The second was this: Three factors that make you fearful of talking to people, especially new people:
1. Projection: a defense mechanism whereby you “project’ or attribute to others
your own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires and feelings.
2. Unrealistic expectations.
3. Fear of the unknown.
I am sure some of you deal with some of these same feelings... I need to remember to take the lead... not just let my feelings lead me.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. "2 Timothy 1:7
Here is just a simple "thank you" I did the other day... I need to get back to doing more soon. This is thanks to you for stopping by today, with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

Renee Ondrajka said...

That's my verse that I claim when I am fearful. Even though we are fearful at time it's great to know that that fear is not coming from the Lord. It's the other verse that says and whatever is not of God is sin. Now that's where there's a problem. *grin*

lynns said...

Thanks for the inspirational words and the cute card....I was just looking for a way to use a tag and ribbon. Thanks.