Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the heart (part 2)

We had an wonderful time last night at Night Out For Ladies... the speaker was so good, as always... people had a good time... lives were changed... I am honored to have a part in it all!


I had a friend come & "play" today... we have stamping in common along with being sisters in Christ... what more do you need for a great day??? We talked a lot... stamped a little. Here is a card I made for someone special... I got these birdies from Verve stamps awhile back, but today was the first time I used them on a project... I just think those "love birds" are so sweet. My dad thinks they look like fish instead of birds... you've heard of "flying fish"? *Ü*




Now, from my heart to yours... today I was reading a devotional about unconditional love & what that can mean for a couple. I truly never understood unconditional love until the last few years where my husband was concerned. I said I loved him… I knew I loved him, but what did that all mean??? I have to admit for the first years of our marriage, just like so many women, I tried to make Luke what I wanted him to be… he was pretty perfect for me, but there was still some things that I thought needed “tweaking”… causing conflict because I was still not seeing him for exactly who he was… just not loving him because he was who he was… why couldn't I just do that??? What I came to realize is that it had nothing to do with him, but all of it was me… I wanted him to fit with me the way I was, but I wasn’t so quick to fit with him in the way he was… I had to be truly comfortable with me & totally love myself before I could love Luke unconditionally.

Let me tell you a little secret… when I saw the total unconditional love Luke had for me I could let go of all those little things I thought needed “tweaking”… I learned to love myself through my husband’s eyes… he sees me for what I am or who I am & loves me in spite of it… he sees the goodness & potential that I can’t always see in myself because I am too critical of me.

...let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. I John 3:18 & 20

I John 3:20 is one of my favorite verses... I am thankful that God loves me just the way I am & that He gave me a sweet, sweet man to share my life with.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: