Monday, June 1, 2009

Face it... Face Him...

I am staying with my mom & dad this week... helping with the prep for my niece's graduation party... I am sleeping on a sofa-sleeper in my mom's craft room, so I was woke up this morning to a discussion on the TV... they were talking about stress & how we let stress become the ruler of our life... how destructive that is. So my thought today is... do I seek God's face or do I seek His hand???? Do I look for the "things" He can give me, which in so many cases can cause stress... or do I just seek His face... to look into His Word to find Him & to see what He has for me to get me through another day??? To seek & to find what He already has for me to help me towards His destination for my life. How simple is that... just seek Him & all the rest will fall into place. Maybe that seems like a simplistic approach, but does it have to be difficult? God doesn't make it difficult... I do, we do.

"When You said, 'Seek My face,' My heart said to You, 'Your face, LORD, I will seek.' Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.

"Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" Psalm 27:8-9 & 14
.
Here is a card I made for a special person's birthday... can you tell orange is her favorite color?
.
thanks for stopping! with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweets,
I should have given you another hug before I left on Friday. I forgot that you were going to be gone all week. Hope you are having a peaceful time! I know that you will be busy doing lots of cooking this week.
The card is soooooooooo cute, love those flip-flops.
Tell everyone I said HI!
See you when you get home.
Love Ya, Barb