Friday, May 22, 2009

Remembering...

Just a simple little card to share... I love the SU scallop circle punch & how you can make it look like a daisy... I got out the crimper & made some crimpy leaves... nothing fancy, but made from the heart.
I want to share a loss with you today... my great Uncle Jim passed away yesterday... he was my mom's uncle, but they were very close in age, so he was more like a brother to her than an uncle. He fought a battle with Parkinson's disease... he was more than ready to go. He had been very athletic & active all of his life & the last few years had been tough. He had hospice care at home & he told his nurse that he had no fears... he knew he had his mom & 2 sisters waiting for him in Heaven. I am so sad by his passing, but I rejoice that he is made whole again! BTW he was a veteran so we will have an extra reason this weekend to remember him.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

3 comments:

lynns said...

God's blessings to your famlly on the lost of Uncle Jim.

Anonymous said...

Carin,
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Parkinson's can really tear a person up.
Send our regards to your Mom. When will you be heading over for the funeral?
Our sister-in-law lost her mother last nite, not sure if they will have any service, they did not for her dad. I will have to get a card out in the mail.
I will see you Sunday. I am serving at first service.
Love Ya, Barb

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Hey Carin, So sorry for your loss and for your mom's loss...

Your card is lovely! I loved the crimped leaves! I will have to remember that trick for sure!