Saturday, June 13, 2009

Graduation... congrats!

I am still trying to get back in the swing of things since being gone for a week & a half... things need to get back to normal... whatever normal is for me???? Playing catch-up with laundry & house cleaning... yuck! I don't mind doing the laundry... I just hate folding & putting away. And as far as the house cleaning... I love for my house to be clean, but I hate to dust & do windows... and both need to be done... I am an "OCD" house cleaner... once I really go at cleaning the house I about kill myself to make it spotless... that isn't always the most fun for my hubby to have to live with... okay that is my confession for the day!!! (love you Luke)

On to funner things (is that a word??)... anyway... here is a grad card I made for an open-house we went to for a dear friend's son... I find masculine cards so hard to do... and let's face it does an 18 year old boy really care???? So I tried the "tri-shutter card" for the first time... very cool design... I will do one of these again. I put the gift $ behind the striped pieces in the center. What I used: SU Baroque burgundy CS & ink, DP from a generic multi-pack, SU stamp set "Say It With Scallops" & "Send a Celebration", SU circle punches, and Cricut to cut the stars, numbers, parentheses.The verse I used was "Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and Jesus." - II Peter 1:2 from the SU set "God's Way"... great verse!

BTW... I will be celebrating my one year blogoversary this week...

Time to get ready for church... until later... with a grateFUL HEART, carin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning Carin. This is an amazing card. I think you should enter it in some contest - it would be sure to win. See you in a little while. - Sharon

lynns said...

Love this card!!

Happy Sunday-Anne has your hug from me!

Diane Noble said...

This is so beautiful! I've wanted to try one of these for a couple of weeks now. They are so striking, and I can imagine this one will get lots of oooohs and aaaahhhs! It's just great! Love the verse stamp you chose...how perfect for this milestone. Congratulations on your blog milestone too. You have an amazing blog and I just love the way you consistently exalt Christ!

Unknown said...

Wow, fabulous card! Blessings,
Kim XXX