Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What direction???

Boy, Fall is really moving quickly... it is cold & windy today, but at least the sun is shining... the highs are only in the 40's today... brrrrr! Can hardly believe October is almost over... where is time going???? It is 6 months since I lost my job... all I can do is praise God for His provision... He is so faithful & He keeps proving it to me over & over. I have been going through some struggles on & off since losing my job... some days are better than others... it isn't the lack of work so much as the lack of direction. I live my life wanting to please God & praying for His direction in every part of my life... but the answer to my prayer for a job hasn't been so clear... I know there are times God says "Yes" or "No", but it is the times when He says "just wait" those are the hardest times for me, as I am sure for many of you. I am a proactive type person & when I put my mind towards something... it is pretty hard to stop me... just ask my hubby. So I have started to ask myself... "what am I doing wrong or not doing that is causing me not to be able to find a job & help us financially?" Then we had a special speaker at church & he was talking about the times in a Christian's life when God will allow the devil to try us, because God knows that our faith in Him will conquer all... the verse that was used that spoke loudly to me was: II Chronicles 14:11



And Asa cried out to the LORD his God, and said, “LORD, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O LORD our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You!”



The part of that verse that I will use as my prayer is: "O Lord my God, I rest on You and in Your name... I go against whatever comes my way, because you are my God; and no one or nothing can prevail against You!" Amen.

Here is a pic we took on our Fall tour on Saturday... this is an overlook that looks down onto the Manistee River near Buckley... as you can see the Fall foliage was almost gone, but it was a great day!

Have a good day & thanks for stopping by! with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

ruth said...

I can say with 100% certainty that you are on the right track. :) Continuing to have faith is the ultimate answer.