Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stand fast...

I read in Acts this morning about Stephen and how he was stoned for preaching Christ. He was a man that was willing to do whatever in took for the cause of Christ. He was a man that was willing to take himself out of his comfort to lead people into the comfort of the Savior. If my life was threatened would I keep speaking up for Christ? My life is not in distress for my stand, but am I putting myself out of my comfort to lead others to His comforting arms?

If a Believer is finding opposition from a family member or friend what do they do??? Do they back down from what they believe or do they keep moving forward for Christ… even if it might cause them to lose family or friends??? When confronted with hostility we need to stand fast in the Lord… that is what will see us through when the pressure is on. “Therefore, my brethren, whom I love and yearn to see, my delight and crown, stand firm in the Lord, my beloved.” Philippians 4:1

Stephen was stoned… how much more physical pressure could there be??? Yet as he was nearing death he said, “Look! I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” (Acts 7:56) His focus was still on Christ… he was being stoned to death and he still was focusing on Christ! How many times do I let the smallest things take my focus off Christ??? Waiting in line at the grocery store… the furnace quitting… the cat hacking up a hairball on my light-colored carpeting… the pastor saying something I didn’t agree with… I could go on, but I won’t. The enemy will throw all kinds of stuff at us to get our focus off the cause of Christ… don’t give him a foothold! And if you are standing fast in the Lord then there will be no room for the enemy to get a foothold either. Just remember, when you are facing opposition, maybe it shows that you are doing something that really counts for Christ… think about that!

I have another "Sassy Sak" to share with you today... I am making these fun and fashionable purses to sell at a local boutique, but I am willing to take orders too.
Thanks for stopping by today! with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: