Friday, February 18, 2011

Choices...

It has been a very busy week... the highlight being that my hubby and I are taking on the Usher/Greeter ministry at our church... we have over a hundred wonderful people serving in this ministry, but the thought of it can be overwhelming if I let it be. In my devotions today it talked about the choices we make in our life bringing us to where we are and who we become. Here is a great quote about that, “life is not made by the dreams I dream but by the choices I make,”… my life is summed up by the choices I have made. We don’t always choose the circumstances in our life but we can choose how we will react to the circumstances. Every moment of my life is a choice. The choice can be a wide-range from really bad choices, mediocre choices, choices that are good, or choices that are in the caliber of excellence.

“…that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,” Philippians 1:9-10

My pastor has been doing a series called, “Crossing Over”… when God is leading you to something new in your life will you choose to cross over to the place He wants you to be… not only cross over but cross over with excellence. Are you willing to fight every natural impulse and choose to do what God is asking you to do… even when your family and friends may not be joining in on your choice??? I desire for my life to be pure, blameless and fruitful for the cause of Christ. The idea of crossing over to something more, to another level, can be scary, but I believe that if God is calling me to something more… He will also equip me to do what He has called me to. All choices will have a ripple effect… don’t you want it to be a good ripple? I know I do… I am choosing to live a life filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Here is the anniversary card I made for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary that was the end of January.  Love, loyalty and God... that is the secret to a long marriage.  I am blessed to have parents that are still together.
Have a blessed day... with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: