Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stumbling Blocks into Stepping Stones...

My sister, Renee, had gall bladder surgery yesterday... she is doing pretty good. She says she is just really sore.  It has not been a fun few weeks for her but now once she recovers from the surgery... it will be so much better!

There are so many people having difficulties.  I was thinking how that as we face heartaches in life we need to completely trust God’s goodness and plan so that we can overcome anything that is put in our way.  Those stumbling blocks that could trip us up and knock us down need to be moved in such a way to be used as stepping stones… building blocks of faith.  Our circumstances, both good and not so good, are part of our journey of faith.  We may not understand why things happen or how what has happened can be used for good at the time… we just need to trust that God is in control and will make all things work for His good. And sorry to say, some of the greatest lessons learned are the most painful to go through.  “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.” I John 5:4  We may not be feeling like overcomers today, but I believe that I am because I am born of God, and besides, He told me so.

Wanted to share this wedding card I created for a wedding a couple weeks ago... I think is turned out simple, but elegant. Got to luv the SU (Stampin' Up) punches!
Hope you have a blessed day!
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

ruth said...

Super cute card! Nice way to break my blogging fast! :)

Antonella said...

“Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you” I have been enjoying looking around your blog and love the "30 days of gratefulness"... I will be stopping by again!
Hugs, antonella :-)