Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sorry...

Sorry it has been a week and a half since I posted last.  In ways my life seems like it is in slow-motion but in other ways it seems to be going so fast.  I don't know if any of you ever feel that way.  I have been trying to change a couple things with myself and some days it is good and other days I wonder if it is for the best.

Anyway, my mom is having a very difficult time with her herniated discs... she is in the hospital right now.  She is there to get a few things straightened out with meds, which should make her more comfortable.  She needs to get moving, but the pain is keeping her from moving and then what they give her for the pain makes her not feel like moving... yes a vicious circle.  Please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Sandy.

"...He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing...As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." John 15:5b and 9

The message at Night Out for Ladies last night had to do with staying plugged in to the Holy Spirit and abiding in God, His Word, His way and His power.  I am still struggling with abiding... I know I don't have to prove who I am in Christ... I believe because God called me as His chosen daughter through Christ that I am all I need to be.  What is hard for me is figuring out that the things I am choosing to do under the heading of service to the Lord... am I doing it to serve or am I doing it to stay busy???? Am I being led to do it or am I driving myself to do it???  So many questions, just waiting for the answers.  Do you have any thoughts on this?

Here is a pic from NOFL last night of my friend Heather and me.


with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Mari said...

I'll pray for your Mom.
Your night out sounds really good, and the picture of you and Heather is cute!