Monday, May 31, 2010

In Remembrance...

Happy Memorial Day!  This is the day that we as Americans set aside to remember and honor those that have fought for and are still serving to keep our freedom.  I am so thankful for their sacrifice... not only the ones serving but their families as well.

I also was thinking today where in I Corinthians we are given the Lord's supper to use in remembering God's sacrifice of His dear Son.  "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me." - I Corinthians 11:24       I stand in awe of this Great Sacrifice each and everyday of my life.  I know that remembering Christ's death through communion is so important, but also important is remembering what Christ did by my choosing to live in that freedom... living my life in a way that others can see what Christ's death, burial, and resurrection mean to me.  I live to honor God by living to bring others to Him.

I have found a new form of expressing myself artistically... I think it is called "zentangle"... I call it artistic doodling!  Here is a card for my first attempt... I chose to use color as opposed to black and white.
So what do you think?

We are spending the weekend in the Thumb with family... Luke is heading home today but I am staying for a couple more days I think to help out... or at least that is the plan.  I hope you have all had a great weekend and thanks for stopping and "remembering" with me.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: