Wednesday, May 12, 2010

small Wonder...

I started reading in the book of James this week... in chapter 1 where it speaks of counting it joy when you have trials or temptations... not always an easy thing to do.  But if you read in verse 4... "But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing."

...trials bring endurance, steadfastness, and patience in areas where God knows I need to be strengthened.  It is a process... the process of a child of God striving to become more like Christ each and every day.  If I look at it as a process then I can say, "I get to endure, be steadfast, and patient."  These things are working towards completing the work in me... perfect and lacking nothing.  I do realize that will not be completed until I am no longer in this world, but isn't that what believers are to be moving towards and being a witness of?  Yes, it may be three steps forward, two steps back, but I am not going to live my life as a "white-knuckle" Christian any longer.

I am trying to get back to doing some "just for fun" stamping, so here is my rendition of Michelle Zindorf's card (sunny day tutorial #330).  I didn't have the same stamps she used or all of the inks either, but here it is.

Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Summer Sun, Bravo Burgundy, Black, Gable Green
CS: Summer Sun, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke
I also put a little "Small Wonder" saying on there with acetate.  What do you think?

Having chili for supper.  Have a few other things to get done before getting ready to go to church tonight. Thanks for stopping in.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

Renee Ondrajka said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

What do I think.....it is Beautiful.....Have a blessed day my friend...
Angela