Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gift of the Word...

Can you believe it... it is Christmas Eve??? Just had to take a moment to share one last "gift" with you... the gift of the Word.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." - John 1:14

Have you ever thought what God might have been feeling the night Jesus was born? Of course we can never know, but think about it... this was a night that God had planned & prepared for so many hundreds/thousands of years... He knew this was the only way to bring His creation, humankind, back into communion with Him. Do you think there was a sadness in God that He had to give up His Son for that... was the sacrifice worth it? God proved His love in a way none of us can ever truly understand... it just floods my heart to think of how much He loves me.

I was watching a movie on the Hallmark channel the other day, called "The Note," btw great movie! The movie starts with a plane crash & how that one of the passengers on that plane writes a note to his child... expressing his love, even unto death. Anyway, a reporter finds that note & tries to find the child of this man, so she can give the child a final gift from the father. When the reporter finally found this man's daughter, the reporter said to the girl, "do you know how much your father went through to give you his love through this note?"... I have seen this movie many times, but this was the first time those words struck me... I instantly started crying realizing that is what I needed to hear from the Holy Spirit... "Do you see how much your Heavenly Father went through to give you His Word of love?" Do I??? I don't think I even can grasp it, but I do see it a little more clearly now.

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry & Blessed CHRISTmas!

Oh, I also wanted to share this little treat I made up... see you did get something crafty too!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

Merry Christmas, Carin! May you and your family have a blessed celebration and rejoice in ALL His indescribable gifts. This one, the gift of His Word, is very precious to me! Love you, sister!