Monday, December 14, 2009

Gift of Prayer...

It is so going to be a busy day... but I am looking so forward to it. It is very much a good busy! Tonight is our NOFL (Night out for Ladies) Christmas Party... yah! Great food, great women, great fellowship, & a great speaker (so I've been told since I haven't personally heard her).
.
My "little" project to share today are these little stockings that are the gifts for the 1st-time visitors at NOFL... had to make it a little more special... the stockings were from Bath & Body & I put a lip balm in each one with a mint & a special note... I think they are pretty cute... I did 120 of them... would rather have too many than not enough... we are planning for 500 ladies total.
Going this morning to help with set-up/decorating... I am so excited! Plus, my mom & sisters are coming to share in the festivities... praying for their safe travel.
/
That brings me to the gift for today... PRAYER... having the privilege to go to God on someone else's behalf or your own is such an awe-inspiring gift. There are so many people hurting & discouraged in the world... this has been a tough year for so many & at the Christmas season it can be even tougher. How will you use this gift today?
.
"Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to Thee, when my heart is faint."- Psalm 61:1-2
.
Thank You, God for hearing my prayers!
.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Mari said...

These are so cute! And to make 120? I'm impressed!