Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Renewal...

It is a beautiful Fall day... a little chilly, but bright sun & blue skies... what more can you ask for??? Today is WW weigh-in day... I started 7 weeks ago... I am still hanging in there... I did pretty good while on vacation last week. It was when I got home that I had a problem... so I was dreading weigh-in today... also I am blotted & crampy if you get what I mean... and a little no a lot hormonal... I felt like just staying in bed this morning, but I didn't. If it wasn't for my friend who is going too I probably wouldn't have gone. Now, for the bare truth... I was down 1.2 pounds! That is 8 pounds in 7 weeks... not quite like the "biggest loser" but my motto is "slow & steady wins the race".
.
On to more interesting things... I am going to a scrapbooking retreat next Friday (23) thru Sunday. My sis, Renee, who is the SU demo, has attended it for years & it finally worked out for me to go too. I am not a real big scrapbooker, but I try... it should be a great time with Christian ladies & a good friend of ours is doing the devotions for the weekend. So, I said all that to get to this name tag I made... my sis asked me to help her out by coming up with a crafty name tag for the leaders at the retreat. I used my Cricut, along with SU Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and some stickles too! She hasn't seen it yet so don't know if it is what she had in mind... what do you think???

I have this other cool picture I took while we were hiking on vacation... I thought this tree looked like it was trying to hang in there... bare roots & all. I feel like that some days... over-stretched, over-exposed, losing my "grip", but through God's strength I am still hanging in there. Do you ever have those days?

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" II Corinthians 4:16-17

Thanks for stopping... with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Renee Ondrajka said...

It looks great. I'll email you the list of names tomorrow sometime. Thanks for being so willing to do this. It's one less thing I have to think about. Love you, Na.