Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here for you...

I am home once again. Had a good week with my family in the Thumb, but I am glad to be home. Although today I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off... so to speak. I have so much I want to get at but seem to be spinning my wheels.
..
It was a great scrapbooking retreat. The devotions were great... really made me think... not only think but change what needs to be changed. We had a journal contest at the retreat... they gave everyone a notebook & we were to each design a cover. This is mine... I didn't win, but I did get to keep the journal. I like that peacock stamp from SU... I don't have that set but my sis does, so it was fun using her stuff! Thanks Na! You can't tell in the pic, but I put diamond stickles on the tail feathers... it looks so glisteny & sparkly.
.
Are there ever times in your life you hesitate to say or do what you know God would want you to because you are afraid of making people around you uncomfortable? I have had those times... why do I let others' feelings come before my obedience to God? I now see that in those times I am putting more value on the creation then on the Creator. God loves me without end... He should always be at the forefront of my actions... I am His child.
.
"Think how much the Father loves us. He loves us so much that he lets us be called his children, as we truly are. But since the people of this world did not know who Christ is, they don't know who we are. My dear friends, we are already God's children, though what we will be hasn't yet been seen. But we do know that when Christ returns, we will be like him, because we will see him as he truly is." I John 3:1-2
.
Thanks for stopping... I am really hoping to start posting a little more regularly.
.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: