Saturday, August 8, 2009

Guilty of fun?

It is a rainy, dark Saturday morning here in northern Michigan... at almost 9 a.m. it is as dark as 6 a.m. Sorry to start off with such a "depressing" statement... I feel like climbing back in bed, actually!

I do have a couple things to share with you though... First I want to thank my friend, Teresa, for this "Circle of Friends Award". I met Teresa, aka VA Sunshine, through blogging. She does such beautiful cards. She is such a creative, godly woman... I am so grateFUL I have gotten to know her.

Now I am to pass this award on... Teresa would be on my list, but since she gave it to me I will pass it on to... drum roll please... Diane at Diane's Designs, Renee at Renee's Ramblings (yes, she is my sis, but she is also a good friend), Mari at 365 days (she is a new blog friend, but I really love her photos on her blog) and the last two have to be Heather at Bits & Pieces, and Ruth at Real Life & Faith (these 2 are not real consistent in their blogging, but they are two of my best friends in cyber space & in real space too!
Now for my second attempt at the tri-shutter card. I created this for a graduation party we went to last night. These cards are fun, but time consuming... especially when I had to put 3 fan fold flowers on it. I really like how it turned out.

I forgot to take a picture before I wrote in the card, but oh well you get the idea. In the center part where I stamped, "For You" I slid in a gift card.

For the last thing today... the word "joy" has been coming up a lot the last few days in my reading... like this verse: "The joy of the Lord is my strength." Nehemiah 8:10 How are you doing on the "joy meter"? I read something that really made me think about my joy... am I enjoying life the way God wants me to be??? I tend to be too serious at times... yes, I am goofy (as you can tell by some of my posts), but I really can let the weight of my world steal my joy sometimes. So, when was the last time you did something just for fun... or you laughed until your stomach hurt... or you acted like you didn't have a care in the world??? I am asking myself that same question... I know I am not always too fun to live with... thank the Lord I have a very patient hubby! I decided today I want to be guilty of having too much fun in life... where do I start... where will you start??? Share something fun you are doing.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

4 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Thank you so much, Carin! How sweet of you to think of me for this!

I LOVE this card. It gorgeous. I tried one, but think I folded it wrong. Yours is way better. Back to the drawing board!

You're a blessing in my life!!!

Mari said...

Carin - thanks for thinking of me! I just got this a few days ago from someone else, but haven't post about it yet, so will add you to the post.
That card is beautiful! You are very talented!

ruth said...

Wow! Thanks for the friend award! :) I can't think of an award I could be more blessed by.

Anonymous said...

Awww..you're so sweet! I am so blessed to have you as my friend:)
And if you're goofy-you are in Good company my friend!!!
Love ya!!