Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Doing or being?

Just a quick post to share a little of my doings & goings on... does that make sense???? *Ü*

The pic is of small photo albums I created for gifts for NOFL... I thought they were cute... another find from the dollar spot at Target. Hope the recipients like them.

It has been a year now since I lost my job. I have come to realize I have spent the last year trying to make myself "useful". It is that screwed up way of thinking that what I do is who I am... it is finding my worth in doing, rather than finding my worth in being. I have stuck my nose into so many areas to keep busy... recently I had a revelation that most of my busyness has done nothing for me except make me tired & pulled in too many directions. I was inspired the other day by my friend Diane's blog... she talked about sense of time. She used the SU set from the Occasions Mini... "An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth." Love that saying!

It has led me to re-think my priorities of my time. What should my priorities be??? I know the first is doing what GOD has called me to do for Him, but after that it has been a little iffy for me... I know some people might think this sounds "old fashioned" but my husband is my next priority... lately I am feeling that I have been falling down in this area. I have a terrific husband, who takes such good care of me, and even though Luke would never say it... I am seeing I need to try better to be a more helpful & supportive wife.

Sorry if this got too personal... *ö*... I was learning as I was typing... that happens to me quite often... that is part of the reason I started my blog. How are your priorities of time going for you... do changes need to be made???

My next little tease of my "project" is ... it is a blessing not a burden that will be revealed on Thursday.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

lynns said...

I totally understand what you are saying. I try to rethink my priorities all the time. Since I am not "employed" at the calling I had all my life, I wonder what I am supposed to be doing and resenting what I am doing.

Praying for you.

peggysue said...

I can relate so well to what you are saying about the doing-ness instead of just being-ness. I also lost a job about two and a half years ago and didn't realize how much of my identity was tied into what I do 'for a living' instead of living for the Lord, being the person he created me to be and being content with that.
My husband wasn't concerned, my family wasn't concerned, and the Lord certainly knows what he is doing, so I was the only one fretting and apologizing . . . for circumstances out of my control. I is good to see that I am not the only one who struggles with this, but it was a great lesson from the Lord about where my identity truly lies. I'm just a slow learner, takes me a while! :)