Saturday, April 25, 2009

God's love still stands...

I have been fascinated with butterflies lately...I love what they symbolize...new life...resurrection. They seem so happy. I guess if I was stuck in a little cacoon for weeks & then sprung free & able to fly... not to mention going from being a creepy, crawl on your belly caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly...I would be happy too! Hmmm... you know that is exactly what I was before I came to know my Savior. My spirit was low & hopeless... I was stuck in what could be compared to a cacoon... then I met Jesus... I had to die to myself to live for Him... the transformation may not have been on the outside but on the inside I was made free... my spirit was able to soar.

"... if any one be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." II Corinthians 5:17

Luke & I are in the "Thumb" staying with my parents for the weekend... actually Luke is going home tomorrow afternoon, but I am staying for a few more days. It seemed like a good time to be here with my family with all my sister, Renee, & her family are going through after the fire. She has been handling it all very well... their testimony of trusting the Lord is going to play a big part in this whole tragedy...
non-believers are watching to see how they handle it all... we just pray through it all... people will come to Christ... God deserves all the glory! Today... Renee is feeling a little down... I think she feels like she doesn't have a place to call her own right now... she works from home & her home is very important to her... not in a materialistic way, but more as "home is home"... do you know what I mean? It is her refuge. They are looking at possibly a month before they can be back in their home. Their daughter, Brooke, graduates the end of May. They will also have a graduation party & all... it can just be so overwhelming. It will be fine... God promised us that.

I was reading in the Our Daily Bread today... the final thought really jumped out at me:

"God’s love still stands when all else has fallen."
If you have a chance just send a word of encouragement to Renee... she knows people are praying for them... of course that is most important, but an email or a note could really help her along this journey.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Rene: Hello Rene - Carin has told me about the fire in your house and I am feeling sad for you. I trust that the repairs will come quickly and that you will be back in your house soon. If I was near I would suggest going out for pizza - that always makes us feel better at least it does me. Today is church day and we have a great guest singer and his group there. We heard them last night and they were awesome. When he sang 'Jesus Messiah' the crowd went wild. It was a good night and today will be a good day. I send my prayers your way. - Sharon

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for Renee's tragedy. I can hardly imagine what grief that would cause even in light of family being safe. Our nests are so crucial to our sense of security and comfort. I'll pray for them. So loving of you to show such support.
God bless and keep you well.