Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do not be dismayed...

It has been quite the last 24 hours... I wanted to get this posted yesterday, but my camera was not cooperating. I made this card to give myself comfort... and hopefully you too!

Yesterday morning my sister, Renee, (she is the SU Demo) and her family had an electrical fire in their home. They woke up at 1:00 a.m. to thick black smoke rolling out of their basement into the main part of the house... how scary... I just can't imagine. The good news is that they got out safely... the bad news is that the house is a mess from fire & water damage in the basement, (btw that is where Renee's stamping room is) to major smoke damage through the rest of the house. The really good news is that God protected them through it all... the room in the basement where the fire had started was right under the master bedroom... my dad said you could see the burn marks on the floor boards to Renee & Frank's bedroom... wow! Our God is so good... even in devastation He makes it so clear that His hand of protection is always on His children.

So I used this verse as a reminder... it says what I need to hear today.
In another translation it says: "Don't be afraid. I am with you. Don't tremble with fear. I am your God. I will make you strong, as I protect you with my arm and give you victories." Isaiah 41:10
.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin
.
My recipe: well first of all I saw a card like this on SCS, it came from Happy Thoughts & Inkspots. I changed mostly everything but the layout. Paper: SU whisper white, always artichoke, green tea DP; Ink: always artichoke; Stamps: God's Way & God's Beauty; Accessories: SU eyelet boarder punch, MS butterfly punch, diamond stickles, misc. ribbon.

3 comments:

Rachfaith said...

Can I add u to my blog?
I linked from Marlene's blog

Diane Noble said...

I'm so grateful that your sister and her family are unharmed. Life is so fragile! I'll be keeping them in my prayers.

Your card is beautiful. Love it. The sketch is great and I love those papers...never tire of SU!

Blessings on your day...I'll be in touch. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, I'm praying for them! I've been thru a fire before and it is awful! Praying~