Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fog or Focus?

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. I Corinthians 16:13-14

Being at home so much now is causing me a little anxiety at times.  I was so use to volunteering at the church we attended here in Cadillac, but now with our new church being so far away I am not able to do that, so I am trying to get things around home a little more organized and decluttered!  I luv it when it is done, but not while I am doing it! 

I joined a group called for decluttering and putting perfectionism out of my life.  It is called FlyLady at bigtent.com This morning FlyLady was talking about driving in fog and how if I get antsy and overwhelmed with trying to clean and organized my home it is like driving in the fog. 

I was thinking about how it is the same when I let my thoughts and emotions overwhelm me and cause me to be frustrated in my life spiritually! I take my focus off God and put it on the junk going on around me or the thoughts and questions I have going through my head.  I listen more to the enemy’s voice in my ear than the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart.  I try to get through my day in a fog… maybe fog stands for Free Of God??? When I see it written like that… why would I want to live a life in FOG?  I don’t!  Waiting… being still… trusting is soooo hard for me to do.  I have always been a doer and I know God has spoken to me about that so many times in the past.  Maybe this time I will actually learn something.  The anxiety can so easily build up in me because my flesh says He is not moving quickly enough… He is not showing me the next step… He is causing my frustration and loneliness.  But in my spirit I know none of those things are true.  It is in these times I have to take a deep breath, confess my unbelief, and remember it is not about me!  It is my fault for taking my eyes off Him! His timing is perfect!  How many times does the Bible say to be patient?

If I am standing firm in my faith then courage, strength and love should come more easily... it is a good way to see what I am really standing on. Focus on Him!

Okay, a pretty little card to share today:
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: