Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My life is better because...

When people think about you, do they say to themselves, "My life is better because of that person"?
I read this in a leadership devotional by John Maxwell this morning… it really made me think.  I try to live my life for an audience of ONE, but along with that comes the responsibility (for lack of a better word) of treating others well.  I don’t want people to be drawn to me, but I do want them to be drawn to the One who lives in me. 

"He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust the Lord."  Psalms 40:3

A new song in my mouth!!! When I speak do my words have a "melody" of praise or does it sound like the same old song?  It really makes me think... am I shining God's glory or is my light a little dim?

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."  Matthew 5:16

We all need to take a little time each day to let the light of God's Word shine in our hearts... are you taking that time with just you and Papa?  Do you miss Him if a day goes by without that time?  It is not about checking that off your list for the day... for me, I feel empty and dim if I miss that. I am not saying I do it perfectly, by no means, but I do really miss Him in those times.

BTW:  To answer the initial question... I hope people feel that way about me, but I do have great people in my life that God has put there… some I am related to by blood and others I am related to through the blood.  And I can honestly say my life is better because of those people! Thank You, Lord!

Okay, I have a graduation card to share with you today...
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: