Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hidden Blessings...

We got back from our trip to CA over a week ago, but I am still feeling a little out of sorts... I really dislike that because like I've said before I don't like change and maybe that is why I am feeling three steps behind everyone around me.  ?????  Enough of that... on to other stuff.

It has been bitterly cold here in northern Michigan... well actually it has been the awful wind that has made it so cold.  Yesterday morning our furnace quit working... of course!!!  I had somewhat of a total meltdown or as my nieces call it, "a come apart."  This is the 4th winter that we have had our furnace stop working and the furnace is only 5 years old... it is always pretty much the same thing everytime... we have replaced the motor 3 times.  It is a Goodman furnace and I would never buy that kind!!!! Just sayin'!  We contacted the company and the distributor and they will do nothing.  Okay, I did all that griping to get to the blessing part... first, we were blessed that it happened when we were home and not when we were on vacation... second, we were blessed it happened on a Friday and not on the weekend like last year when we had no heat from Saturday through Monday in February... third, we were blessed to have a wonderful man at our church that happens to be a plumber who came right away and fixed it and wouldn't let us pay him.  God is so good... you never know the reasons He brings people into your life until something like this happens where this sweet man could be such a blessing to us. 

I have a project to show you that I did when I went to the SU stamp class at my sister's... isn't this corkboard adorable?
We used the Big Shot of course, punches and the felt flowers... got to luv it!

"Children, you show love for others by truly helping them, and not merely by talking about it." - I John 3:18 (Contemporary English)

Have a great weekend!  with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: