I am still here... although my pictures are not uploading to blogger from my mom's computer... what is with that??? Anyway, I am at my parents' house for the week... everything is good. I am trying to help where I can with all that is going on with my sister's family and their fire restoration... mostly moral support on my part. Let me review the last 6 months of what has happened with my sister & her family:
- in late March they had a pile of wood catch fire in their yard... with high winds the fire department was called.
- in late April they had a fire in their basement... causing the whole house to have severe smoke damage. The fire chief said that 10 more minutes & the smoke would have made it impossible to get out.
- my sister & brother-in-law have been living with our parents. My 2 nieces have been living with my younger sister, along with their dog & 2 cats.
- the youngest daughter graduated from high school in June.
- BIL had thyroid surgery in July, which resulted in a cancer diagnosis for him & second surgery to remove all of his thyroid.
- August found sister & BIL in Detroit area for 5 days while he received cancer treatments.
- last Saturday my BIL's pickup motor blew... now they are without a vehicle for him to get to work.
I say all this to ask you the question... what would you do if you were dealing with all this? I realize there are so many worse things that could happen... no one died... no one got hurt, but when you have times like these in your life what do you do? When you cry out to God & He seems to be silent... I was trying to encourage my sis that this may be her time in the "wilderness." The wilderness makes us stronger & we know God is always there with us, but what do you do when He seems to be silent? This verse came to my mind:
"And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Corinthians 12:9
How powerful is that! Where would I be... where would my family be without God? I share all this with you to say that no matter the circumstances... God is still holding onto His children... that is my assurance. Oh & if you have an extra prayer or two say one for my family. Through it all I will praise Him. Praise Him in the good... praise Him in the bad... just praise Him.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin