Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall in Michigan...

Ok, I guess this is Fall in northern Michigan... but I am not liking it right now. It is cold, rainy & windy... 46º... almost that cold in the house too! Brrrrrr! This is me whining about the cold, but actually Fall is my favorite time of year... when it is nice & cool... not cold & rainy! I can give thanks that I am indoors & not outside today!
Had a beautiful weekend... went to a pig roast with our church family out in God's nature. The colors are not turned too much yet but it will be gorgeous soon... if this wind doesn't blow all the leaves off the trees! Luke & I did take a little hike into the woods & I had him take this picture of a leaf in "transition"... still a little green, but the beauty of Fall is starting to cover it.

That is kind of how I feel my spiritual life is sometimes... God is taking me in my natural state (green) & little by little He is helping me see His beauty all over me. Just like on the leaf there are those mars & imperfections, but overall you see the beauty God created.
.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." II Corinthians 3:18
.
with a grateFUL HEART, carin

2 comments:

Mari said...

What a pretty leaf! I like the illustration you used it for too.

lynns said...

Nice photo of you and Luke.