Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

I have felt that this year I am so behind with all Christmas prep... is everyone feeling that way? You would think that this year with me not having a job... I would have so much extra time to get things done... but... okay, I must confess... I am one of those "people" that tortures themselves by waiting to the last minute... you know those people... "I work better under pressure"... OK, maybe that is the lie we just tell... you know if a pressure cooker is under pressure for too long it will eventually explode... although I really am surprised at myself & how carefree I have been about a lot of things lately.... hmmm wonder what that could be???? Anyway, here is a pic of some of my sugar cookies I finally decorated on Saturday... they aren't fancy, but I thought the trees were pretty. Do they look good enough to eat???? *Ü*

I do have something else I want to share with you... getting back to the whole "pressure cooker" thing at Christmas time... we women do put a lot of pressure on ourselves to get everything done & then we usually end up feeling exhausted & unappreciated... usually blowing-up at our dear husbands... here is a little encouragement I came across this morning...

This is written by Barbara Rainey -- "I think we wives need to give our husbands some grace...to not know how a woman feels, or how we function and operate as the other sex. I used to think, 'Why doesn't Dennis just understand what I'm going through? Why doesn't he do things the way I want them done?' But I had to learn that he doesn't automatically know where I am emotionally, or what I expect in different situations, unless I tell him. And if I come across as judgmental, he'll get defensive. I need to bestow some grace. Ask the Lord to help you understand that your spouse may do things differently than you, and give grace instead of condemnation."

When I read this it spoke to me & I felt compelled to share it because someone might read it that really needs it today... besides we all need to give some grace on a daily basis. Thanks for stopping... remember only 3 days 'til Christmas... with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: