Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Just do what it says...

I have been able to take a little time to do some crafting... it is hard for me to just do crafty stuff without having a good reason for it! Ha! That is why this project I painted is so appropriate & maybe a little ironic too! My hubby put the "palette" together using some reclaimed wood we had... love the rustic look of the wood.

Doing what it says can be so hard for me! In the stillness is where I just need to be sometimes! When the hub-bub of life seems to be taking control... I just need to push the "PAUSE" button before God does it for me! Does anyone else have that problem???

Recently, I have been searching out God for direction in a couple different areas... I have felt overwhelmed at times "doing good!" I have really felt like He was telling me that it is okay to push the pause button... the world will not fall apart without my hand being in everything! There is enough time in the day to get everything done that God wants me to get done... but I have to stay on His tasks & not my own!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones." - Proverbs 3:5-8

I am a work in progress... as we all are! I am so thankful for a loving, patient Heavenly Father! He nudges me, sometimes gently, sometimes not so gently... but always with His massive love!

Life is not easy, but when all is said & done... I know how very blessed I am! My circumstances will never define my JOY!



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Beautiful plaque
You are so wise and faithful Carin. God is working all of this out,
Be Still....Gods got this.